To deepen the yoga experience that became a part of my life in 2007, and to share this practice which touches the depths of my inner self with other people, I attended many basic and advanced teacher trainings knowing that I will always be a student on this path.
– 200 hours Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Zeynep Aksoy
– Art of Touching and Adjusting with Hands Training with Mey Elbi
– Wayne Liquorman / Advaita
– Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Başak Kutlu Atay and Mey Elbi
– 80 hours Advanced Yoga Teacher Training with Zeynep Çelen and Çağ Rical Gürle
– Meditation Course with Sudaka
– 200 hours Yin Yoga & Tao Vinyasa Teacher Training with Berivan Aslan Sungur
– Anatomy Teacher Training with Paul Grilley
– Birthlight Prenatal and Postpartum Yoga Teacher Training Part 1-2
– 200 hours Yin Yoga & Tao Vinyasa Teacher Training with Berivan Aslan Sungur (as an assistant)
– Active Birth Training with Janet Balaskas
– Chi Nei Tsang and Karsai Nei Tsang Training in Thailand
– 200 hours Yin Yoga & Tao Vinyasa Teacher Training with Berivan Aslan Sungur (as an assistant-modüle 2)
– Mom&Baby Yoga Private Teacher Training with Ana Plisnic
– 400 hours of Herbal Medicine for Women Training with Dr.Aviva Romm (continuing) in order to be a Women’s Herbal Medicine Educator
– 50 hours of Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Berivan Aslan Sungur (as an assistant)
– Self-Care Training Arvigo® in Greece
-Professional Care Training Arvigo® in Italy
In addition to the yoga trainings and my teaching practice, during the prenatal yoga teacher training I was profoundly impressed by what I learned about birthing environments in Turkey and the world, interventions during labor, the importance of women’s preferences and plans. In order to gain deeper knowledge on pregnancy and childbirth, and to share it with more women to help them give more conscious decisions during this period, I completed the childbirth educator training at USA based Childbirth International with the sponsorship of DOUM. Following that, I started teaching childbirth preparation classes at DOUM.
I am also a founding member of Doğana-Birthing Women’s Rights Association, a non-profit organization established with the vision that all women in Turkey have access to respectful, family-centered, evidence-based care throughout prenatal, childbirth and postpartum phases. I had been the chairwoman of board of management for one term, and currently I am in the board of auditors.
I taught yoga and childbirth preparation classes at the studios Cihangir Yoga, Nefess Atölye, Zest Stüdyo and DOUM in İstanbul where I lived for 8 years. In the summer of 2012, I was invited to give a workshop on Yin Yoga and Yoga Anatomy to the Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training students at Surya World Yoga School in Paris.
One day I got tired of rushing through life in İstanbul and moved to Thailand with my husband. During this short adventure, I taught Yin Yoga and Tao Vinyasa classes in Chiang Mai. Meanwhile I had trainings on healing techniques of traditional Chinese and Thai medicine.
Currently I live in Ankara with my daughter Flora Maya born through natural non-medicated birth in May 2014.
(Before yoga; I was born in 1980 in Ankara. After studying International Relations at Girne American University, I did my master on European Union Studies at Aalborg University, Denmark. I worked as the Director of European Union Centers in different universities and NGOs and implemented many funded projects as the Project Coordinator for 7 years. After I stopped working full time, I started working as a freelancer. I still help and support different institutions for their project applications to the international funding institutions such as EU, UN and the embassies. I also give trainings on Project Cycle Management for teaching the individuals how to apply for funds for their projects.)